We're Hiring !
WE’RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW TALENT AND YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT IN TUNE
WHAT WE DO
Well, we are a music company who deals with musicians from beginner to pro! We rent instruments for kids so they can make beautiful music. We also sell everything a musician's heart desires. Our atmosphere is fun, laid back and all about trust, quality and keeping the beat! One last note - you don't need to be a player yourself, just have passion for supporting those who do...or want to learn.
How to apply
To apply please send resume and cover letter indicating position of interest by mail to:
1110 Centennial Ave,
STE 2, Piscataway,
or email at [email protected]
Experienced Band Instrument Repair Technician
NEMC Service Center
NEMC, a 60+ year old family-oriented school music dealer seeks a senior level brass and woodwind technician.
This is a career-oriented position with a locally owned, nationally recognized company based midway between New York and Philadelphia with all the performance and cultural opportunities those metro areas provide.
Freshly built in 2019, the 18-station workshop features all the modern tools and a large inventory of parts, separate buffing room, wet room, and loads of natural light. Sales, distribution, and management offices are housed in the same building fostering a culture of collaboration and easy access to resources.
- Serves as a repair technician, working on rental fleet refurbishment and customer repairs.
- Completes repairs and other projects efficiently and within time requirements established by the company.
- Diagnoses instrument problems, damage, and/or instrument failures in a wide variety of brass, woodwind, string, and percussion musical instruments and identifies required repair work.
- Estimates repair time and follows company pricing standards to provide customers with repair costs that result in profitable repairs within marketplace standards.
- Maintains tools and equipment used in the course of performing repair work in safe, operating condition.
- Notifies Service Department leaders of unsafe equipment, tools, or conditions.
- Maintains records of repair work completed and time spent in the performance of job-related activity.
- Follows safety standards and proper housekeeping of the Service Department.
- Provides professional customer service and maintains effective, positive, and cooperative working relationships with dealers, music educators, school administrators, students, customers, and company team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of maintaining a musical instrument service department which provides quality repairs meeting company established schedules and includes excellent customer service.
- Experience in working in a musical instrument repair shop.
- Experience in diagnosing problems with musical instruments and repairing instruments to proper cosmetic and playing condition.
Skills and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each of the Essential Duties satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required:
- Skilled in musical Instrument design and repair.
- Skilled in repair shop tool use and tool maintenance.
- Ability to analyze, disassemble, repair, reassemble, make parts, service, and regulate band and orchestra instruments.
- Proficient in the use of a computer.
- Able to perform physical work on all types of musical instruments, including manual dent work; moving tools and equipment.
- Able to sit, stand, and working at a repair shop bench for long periods of time.
- Able to comply with company attendance standards.
The company enjoys an excellent reputation for quality and the ideal candidate will have the same along with experience in both rental fleet production and school owned instrument repair. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
NEMC provides an excellent benefit package for employees, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance (Paid by the company)
- Supplemental Life Insurance for an employee and employee's spouse
- Supplemental Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
Click on the button below to apply.